Most people experience some personal or family distress in the course of their lives. Professional assistance helps to ensure successful management of personal challenges. Telephonic Counseling is a convenient first step in getting such support. Reasons current members use Telphonic Counseling include:
- Death of a loved one
- Relationship issues
- Parenting issues
- Traumatic accident
- Major illness
- Substance abuse
- Stress and anxiety
- Workplace issues
- Change & transition
- Financial stress
- Any reasons that causes concern
Facts and Figures:
- In any given year, 25 percent of the population experiences some type of diagnosable mental health condition (Nation Institute of Mental health).
- 38 percent of high school seniors have used an illicit drug in the past year (NIDA).
- Suicide is the 4th leading cause of death among 18-65 year olds (NIMH).
- 75% of the general population experiences at least “some Stress” every two weeks (National Health Interview Survey).
- Stress in society is so prevalent that the U. S. Public Health Services has made reducing stress one of its major health promotion goals.
- Over 60 percent of visits to primary care physicians are for stress related symptoms.
Since most people experience significant challenges at some point(s) in their lives all individuals, regardless of their financial resources/occupation/personal situation can benefit from this service in managing personal or family problems.
- This is also a cost effective way to access support and minimize health care costs. If additional care may be needed, we assist members with finding appropriate and cost effective follow up care.
This is a convenient and efficient way to obtain a consultation and specific recommendation(s).
The Right Care at the Right Time
- We work with the caller to identify specific issues and next steps to take to address them.
- We can ehlp by taking the “guess work” out of who to see in the event they may need additional services.
- We can assist with identifying specialty providers or services that would be the most appropriate to access.
- We can facilitate any needed appointment setting and follow up services.
People who could benefit from professional services may be reluctant to access care for a variety of reasons, including financial restraints. Telephonic counseling programs provide cost effective solutions to individuals with limited access to medical benefits or financial resources. In addition, telephonic counseling addresses a broad range of issues and is appealing because it offers timely, accessible services without an “out-of-pocket” expense to the individual.
Telephonic Counseling provides confidential, unlimited telephonic counsultation, counseling and referral services for members including:
- 24/7 availability to Master’s Level Counselors
- No co-pay or fee to the member
- Immediate crisis support
- Comprehensive problem assessment and resolution
- Supportive counseling and subsequest sessions
- 100 percent follow-up with original counselor
- Custom referral (if needed) to medical, behanioral health plans or local community resources.